JOIN US FOR 2 WEEKS:
January 7th to January 20th
February 4th to February 17th
March 4th to March 17th
April 29th to May 12th
May 27th to June 9th
June 24th to July 7th
July 22nd to August 4th
August 19th to September 1st
September 16th to September 29th
October 14th to October 27th
November 11th to November 24th
JOIN US FOR 4 WEEKS:
January 7th to February 3rd
February 4th to March 3rd
March 4th to March 31st
April 29th to May 26th
May 27th to June 23rd
June 24th to July 21st
July 22nd to August 18th
August 19th to September 15th
September 16th to October 13th
October 14th to November 10th
November 11th to December 8th
The above dates represent the arrival and departure dates to and from Carriacou. Projects will start the day after arrival. In order to ensure our volunteers receive the best training possible, we limit numbers to 10 volunteers per program, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Thinking of a career in diving and marine conservation? Caribbean Reef Buddy are excited to announce the dates for our 8 WEEK ECO DIVEMASTER PROGRAM for 2018: Join our Eco Divemaster program, complete all your dive training up to and including the PADI Divemaster professional rating and gain a thorough understanding of our marine conservation projects!
JOIN US FOR 8 WEEKS:
January 7th to March 3rd
February 4th to March 31st
March 4th to April 28th
April 29th to June 23rd
May 27th to July 21st
June 24th to August 18th
July 22nd to September 15th
August 19th to October 13th
September 16th to November 10th
October 14th to December 8th
November 11th to 5th January
If your goal is to be able to teach in marine conservation, you may be interested in the Marine AWARE PADI Instructor Training offered by the Deefer College of Diving, which focuses on marine ecology, the need for conservation, and how to inspire your students to become eco ambassadors!
By choosing to join Caribbean Reef Buddy you will be undertaking the following:
• PADI Open Water and Advanced Open Water dive courses or free in lieu fun dives.
• Advanced diving techniques inc. navigation & peak performance buoyancy control.
• Specialty training in digital underwater photography.
• Specialty courses in coral and fish identification.
• Specialty training in Lionfish containment, inc. hunting, analysis & data collection.
• Specialty training in internationally recognized reef survey protocols, fish, benthic & coral survey techniques, including Reef Check.
• Lectures / classes from resident biologists covering a range of relevant subjects.
• Day trip to Tobago Cays Marine Park, setting of Pirates of the Caribbean. Snorkel with Green and Hawksbill turtles!
• Snorkel trips to beautiful Sandy Island & White island
• Turtle monitoring with our friends at Ocean Spirits in Grenada (optional combined experience package).
All of the above courses and training will ensure you are well prepared to join us in our conservation & monitoring activities, and help us to protect and preserve the beautiful reefs around Carriacou. All diving equipment, course materials & research / project equipment is provided by us.
There are always things to do! Your days with us will be full, busy and rewarding, however there will be a minimum of one day off per week for volunteers to relax, explore, and get to know this amazing island!
Carriacou is full of pristine, white sand beaches and calm turquoise water for those who like to relax in the sun and work on their tan. The word “Carriacou” is based on the Carib-Indian word meaning “Island of Reefs”, and as such, the island offers gorgeous snorkelling in several easily-accessible locations.
Here are some of the things you may want to check out on and around the island! (additional costs may apply):
• Guided tours of the island.
• Beautiful beaches like Anse La Roche, Paradise Beach and Petite Carenage.
• ‘Castaway’ remote Island trips and island bbq.
• Kite surfing on Union Island with our friends at the JT Pro Centre.
• Visit to the legendary bar on ‘Happy island’!
• A nature walk through mangroves and the nature park at High North.
TWO WEEK PACKAGE
GBP £1886.00 / USD $2470.66
FOUR WEEK PACKAGE
GBP £2995.00 / USD $3923.45
EIGHT WEEK PACKAGE
GBP £4979.00 / USD $6522.49
(excluding PADI professional membership fee)
All payments are handled via the Working Abroad UK website. Costs are dependent on the duration of your stay.
Extra night accommodation on Carriacou is available at GBP £26.75 / USD $35.00 per night- this does not include extra diving and must be booked in advance.
All above costs include hotel accommodation (based on a shared rooms) with breakfast and evening meals provided. All dive training, or free fun diving in lieu of courses, equipment rental and PADI course fees and PADI manuals are also included as well as project t-shirts and wrist bands. Airfares, transfers to Carriacou, medical/travel insurance and personal expenses are not included. It is compulsory for all volunteers take out travel/medical (including dive) insurance prior to joining the project.
You will be required to complete a PADI Medical Statement prior to commencing any PADI course. If a Yes appears to any question on your statement, we advise you to consult your doctor and get them to complete the reverse of the form before the start of your program with us.